Saturday, March 31, 2007

This Devil's Workday

At about 3:30 PM this afternoon, I had gotten back to the shop. I'd finished all the work I had for the day, and was counting down the minutes until I could leave. Everyone else had already left, and I was just waiting for the swing shift guys to show up. I was checking my e-mail when the phone rang. My instincts told me not to answer it, but, for some reason, I did anyway. This nice man on the other end of the line told me the wing commander's basement had flooded, and it was my job to fix it. Luckily, Gabe, one of the swing shift guys, walked in, and we headed out there. Apparently, it was a pretty high-profile job because all these important people showed up, including my commander. Anyway, to make a long story short, we worked for two hours, covering ourselves in pee-water, but finally got the basement drained. I felt good afterward, but now I'm going to be late getting out to Tooele for a party at Kristen's house. I hope she understands. And if not, I have a very smelly uniform that will change her mind.

No comments: