Sunday, March 11, 2007

Brothers and Sisters


Kristen & Averi
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Drew's sister Averi is an art major at Colorado State University, and puts out some very fine work. She's on spring break this week, and drove in Friday night to spend some time with her brother in Tooele. They had a big barbecue yesterday, and we all went out to have some fun.
Averi is starting to sell a lot of her art, and she brought some for us to see. I was very impressed, not just with her work, but with the processes she used to make each piece and the stories behind them.


Becky & Toby
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Ryan & John
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
John and I went down early because Drew needed help putting up a new screen door, which was much more difficult than one would think. But really, it just meant we could start drinking earlier.


John & Averi
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
It looks like John and Averi are getting ready to kiss, but they're just...well, maybe the are getting ready to kiss.


Kristen
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Kristen, you make it too easy. No comment.


Drew & John
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Since it was a fairly big occasion, I picked up a party ball on base. It's over five gallons of beer, and I was surprised at how quickly we emptied it. Of course, both Drew and John were present. Now that I think about it, I'm not surprised at all.


Playing Pop 5
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
One thing we frequently do at Drew and Becky's is play a game called Pop 5. It's usually men against women, and gets very competitive. I somehow always get stuck playing for the girls, but that's probably why we always win. My crowning achievement yesterday was getting the girls to guess "Atkins Diet" using nothing but a lump of clay. Yeah, I'm that good.


Drew, Averi, & Toby
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Me & Averi
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Averi is seriously one of the coolest girls I've ever met. I can't wait to be walking through a gallery one day and see her work. And I'll have one of her pieces hanging in my living room.

No comments: