Friday, March 23, 2007

Late in the Game


Powder Mountain
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Spring has arrived a little early in Utah, and since I missed the first two months of winter, I almost feel as though I was cheated out of a proper snowboarding season. On top of that, I had a few day passes to Powder Mountain I wasn't sure I'd be able to use. Luckily, Jonathan and I headed up there yesterday to get in some last minute boarding.


Jonathan
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Luckily, the snow was surpringly good. It was slushy in parts, but never icy. The only disappointment was that the lower half of the mountain was closed. But that still left plenty of room for us to have some fun.


Powder Mountain
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Most people are enjoying the warmer temperatures, but as a boarder, I could seriously handle another snow storm or five. This hasn't been a great year for snow in Utah, but I can't complain. It's more boarding than I ever got to do growing up in Kentucky. The forecast for the next week looks to be more blue skies, and it will be nice to ride around with my windows down. I overheard one of the lift workers yesterday saying they'll probably be closing around the first of April. But all hope is not lost. A couple years ago, we had a blizzard in May. I have faith that it could totally happen again.

No comments: