Saturday, March 17, 2007

Around the World


Wendy, Nadine, & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
When I was in the desert, there was a really cool girl in my shop from Cannon AFB, New Mexico, Nadine. We had similar senses of humour, and made each other laugh quite a bit.
Nadine has a good friend stationed here at Hill, and has been visiting for the past few days. Last night, she and her friend, Wendy, came to Rooster's. We had a great time catching up and telling stories. It was really good to see her again.
After getting home from Rooster's, I started getting calls from several friends down at a bar in SLC, so I decided to go down. I tried to have fun, but I just wasn't feeling it. It wasn't a horrible time, but I kinda wish I had just stayed home instead. I've been a little soured on going out lately. It seems to have lost its appeal. I still enjoy hanging out with friends and tossing back a drink or two, but a quiet, intimate evening with a few friends seems much more interesting than a crowded club where the music is bad and too loud. I still have plans to go out Saturday for St. Patrick's Day, which will include a loud, crowded club, but my main goal is to dance, and I totally plan on meeting that goal. But after that, I think I'm going to lay low for a while.

No comments: