Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Slackingest Slacker That Ever Slacked a Slack

My bed is so comfortable. I mean, like, REALLY comfortable. So much so, that I ended up spending the greater part of my weekend horizontal. Other than the occassional shower or trip to the bathroom or kitchen, the only time I really got up was to hang with the Wendts on Friday and Saturday night. I did lots of reading and watched the first ten episodes of Six Feet Under and surfed the internet for hours on end. As a result, when I weighed myself before work this morning, I clocked in at 161. That's about 14 more pounds than I weighed three months ago. On one hand, I don't really care because I know I'm going to the desert in September, where I will lose it all, and then some. On the other hand, it is summertime and I plan on doing lots of swimming and other various outdoor activities not requiring a shirt, and I don't want to scare anyone. Therefore, I think I'm going to up my running regiment as well as go on a mini-diet (i.e. limit myself to two beers per sitting, one dessert each week, no night-time snacking, etc.).
In other news, I shot M-16 today. I scored a 39, which is pretty good. A 43 is expert, so I barely missed it. It doesn't really bother me, though. I hate guns, and the only thing shooting expert would mean to me is an extra ribbon on my blues jacket. I also went by work afterward to check my e-mail. Big mistake. I had a huge inbox full of tasks, appointments, and other various responsibilities, about which I'm a little stressed now. I should have just waited until tomorrow. Plus, my boss handed me two EPR shells. Both of my troops are great, so they'll be easy EPRs to write, but it will still be time consuming. On top of all that, there's tons of training going on in preparation for this deployment, most of which will be hot and dirty and totally useless.
Anyway, I just felt the need to vent. I now have to run by the post office to pick up a registered package that couldn't be left at the office. I'm seriously in the mood to drink tonight. But only two beers.

No comments: