Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ballsy

I got the most dreaded e-mail ever this morning. It was the follow-up to my physical health assessment (PHA) that said I had to make an appointment for a "male exam."
Ew.
I was even more horrified when I called the hospital appointment line and they had an opening today.
So this afternoon, I stood in the cold, white examination room with my pants around my ankles and let Dr. (Capt.) Yates play with my nuts. Luckily, I didn't have to endure the "other" exam, but I know it will happen one day soon. I feel so bad for females who have to tolerate equally humiliating exams on a yearly basis. I don't envy you girls at all.
By the way, to all the fellas out there, if your doctor ever asks if you perform your monthly testicular self-exams, tell him "yes." You'll save yourself a lot of time and rubber-gloved hands on your gear.

No comments: