Friday, June 30, 2006

Independence Weekend

I opted to take leave today and tomorrow. Since we have Monday and Tuesday off for the 4th of July, it's a six-day weekend for me. Plus, yesterday, I got out of work at 11, which leads to an entire different story.
It all started when Drew called at 11:45 and asked if I'd had lunch. I hadn't, so we had sandwiches at Einstein's. At the end of lunch, Drew asked, "When is it too early to start drinking?" Hence, we were at Rooster's (our second home) by 1 PM. We drank pitcher after pitcher all afternoon and into the evening. It was the earliest I've ever been drunk, and probably the most I've ever had to drink in a single day. Yeah, it's a good thing I didn't have to work today.
So, anyway, this is definitely going to be a party weekend. I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories and pictures. Random days off are the best, and a great way to have some spread out relaxation time before I deploy this fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

long weekends are the best i get out of work at 11 today and i'm not coming back till the 12 going camping and all that good stuff. have fun at the parties, i'm gonna try to have a roman candle war.