Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Junk of the Heart


Utah Arts Festival
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Last weekend was the Utah Arts Festival in downtown Salt Lake City. I went on Sunday afternoon with John, Mikey, Floyd, Ryan, Caleb, and Tanya.


Utah Arts Festival
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
There were tons of booths and exhibits touting paintings, sculptures, photographs, fashion, etc. Most everything was for sale, but it was all so expensive.


Exotic Spoons
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
One of my personal favourites was this booth selling exotic spoons. I'd have to be bat-shit-crazy to pay $45 for a wooden spoon. Of course, I'm sure there are people out there that have nothing better to do with their money. It's obviously lucrative enough to come sell them in Utah.


Utah Arts Festival
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
One of the things I love most about art is that it's peering into someone's mind and the way they view the world. Real and abstract. Delightful and macabre. Humourous and somber. Colourful and dull. It's all about perspective, and seeing someone else's often helps me gain a little better of my own.

No comments: