Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Shimmy and a Shake


The Killers
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Lana & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Last night, Lana and I went to see The Killers. The venue was a concert hall on the University of Utah campus, which was kind of odd. It was all reserved seating, so we couldn't really stand by the stage. Regardless, our seats were on the floor so we really couldn't complain. The opening act was Tegan and Sara (See entries dated Sunday, January 16, 2005, and Sunday, March 13, 2005) so it was great to see them again. The Killers came out and performed a great sounding set, but the band didn't seem too energetic. Of course, after watching Scott Weiland strut around the stage last week, it would have been difficult for anyone to follow that up. Brandon Flowers spent most of his time behind his rhinestone studded keyboard. I think the most animated member was the drummer. Still, they sounded phenomenal and renewed my interest in their music, which had, as of late, become a little stale. I guess my only complaint, which seems to be a recurring problem in Utah, was the crowd. Did Joseph Smith declare dancing a sin or something? By the way, did I mention how gorgeous Lana is? Yeah, I'd just like mention that again.

No comments: