Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

When I was little, I used to watch "The Flintstones" after school sometimes. One specific episode I found particularly funny involved Fred and Barney winning some kind of drawing. The prize was a house boat. A problem arose when they couldn't decide on a name. Fred wanted to call it "The Nautical," and Barney wanted to call it "The Lady of the Sea." They decided to compromise with the first three letters of Fred's choice and the last three letters of Barney's choice. Yep, that's right. "NAU-SEA."
Now, I understand nausea isn't really something at which to laugh, especially when it's invoked by something as horrible as staff meetings. Staff meetings have to be the worst thing on the face of the planet. Few things make my stomach churn more than sitting in a too small conference room listening to a bunch of old men dawdle on and on about someone's work schedule or the availability of a certain computer. Gag!
Luckily, I found out today that my supervisor should be back next week, releasing me from this burden. It's been a wild and crazy ride, and I'm sure I'll look back on it with a slight grin. Very slight.

No comments: