Saturday, May 28, 2005

Barefoot in the Park


Cold Feet
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Despite being off work today, I went to bed rather early last night, and slept awfully late today. I think sleep was the one thing I was lacking that was keeping me from getting better. And sleep I did. I woke up late this morning feeling much better than I've felt in a while. I laid around my pad the rest of the morning and decided I felt good enough to go for a run, and as I was getting ready to walk out the door, I got a call from Caleb asking if I would like to go to the park with him and Summer. That sounded just as active as running, and much more fun. So I stopped by Toys R Us and picked up a frisbee and went to Caleb's.


Mountains
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
We went to this park in Ogden that's right along the side of the mountain. Caleb used to play there with his brothers when he was younger. It was a gorgeous day and the park was wonderful. We tossed around the frisbee for a while, and then decided to hike on a few trails up in the woods. Caleb hadn't been there in years, but he knew exactly where to take us.


Caleb in the Drain
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
We hiked quite a ways and came upon a stream coming out of a big concrete storm drain. Caleb said he used to climb up in it when he was little, so, of course, he had to try it again. I didn't have the desire to try it, though.


Caleb in the Jalopy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Then, as we hiked around a big hill, Caleb took us up to where this old car had been left. I can't even begin to imagine how this car had gotten to where it was, but it had obviously been there for a while. Caleb got inside and pretended to drive it, but I didn't want to touch it for fear of causing it to roll back down the hill.


Hangin' Tough
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
After we got back to the main area, we decided to swing for a while, which I hadn't done in years and it was ever so fun. Then we tossed around the frisbee some more and climbed a few trees.


Summer
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
It was a wonderful day. I'd forgotten how fun and relaxing it is to just spend a day at the park. I think next time we'll pack a lunch and stay a little longer.

1 comment:

Trish said...

This post is like a story book with pics and all... I read it to Roxy. She loves the monitor.
-paul