Friday, May 27, 2005

Running on Bravado


Bloc Party
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
The show last night was pretty spectacular. My friend Phil went with me, and we arrived just as the first opening band was starting. They were called She Wants Revenge and played angry, mellow dance-rock. Kiss Me Deadly was the second opener and they were a little happier. Plus, they had a female singer who liked to punctuate her choruses with high pitched screams of glee.
It was 10 by the time Bloc Party came out, but it was totally worth the wait. As soon as they hit their first beat, the entire crown was jumping and screaming. Phil and I were toward the back, but somehow made our way toward the front in all the chaos. We had a super time jumping and dancing and shouting and stuff. It was probably a bad idea for my throat, and I'll probably have to endure my cold a little longer, but I don't care. The band sounded great as they made their way through the entire album and included a few B-sides to keep us on our toes.
Also, I decided to try something new at this show. I wore ear plugs. I've been going to lots of shows lately, and the last thing I want to do is end up deaf by the time I'm 40. So I swiped a pack of foamies from work. Since they have everything up so loud, the plugs didn't detract from the quality of the show at all. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep enjoying good live music long into my golden years.

No comments: