Sunday, May 08, 2005

Nonsense

This morning, Lisa, Heidi, Sam, and I were down in Salt Lake City picking up tickets for a Steve Miller Band concert. Afterward, we were driving around looking for a place to eat, when we saw a guy pulled over to the side of the road with a flat tire. He was looking around kind of clueless, so we stopped to ask if he needed any help. He was in need of a jack and a tire iron, so Sam and I hunted through Heidi's trunk and found what we needed and started helping him change his tire. I should mention that the guy's pants were really, REALLY loose, and when he bent over to help, they went down below his butt and his underwear was all showing and stuff. I looked back at Heidi and Lisa, who were still sitting in the car, and they were laughing hysterically and making crude gestures, which made me start giggling. Just then the guy looked back and saw Heidi and Lisa. He looked at me, and I tried to muffle my laughter. There was this really long, awkward pause. Then, he started laughing, which put me at ease. When we got back in the car, we started talking about how lucky we were that the guy wasn't some kind of deranged serial killer. Otherwise, we'd all be in a dumpster right now. I guess that will teach us to make fun of others' fashion sense.

No comments: