Sunday, May 15, 2005

High on Life

At Church last night, they were continuing their series on finding God in the movies. Last night's movie was Chocolat. I've seen the movie a few times and I really appreciate its criticism of oppressive orgainsed religion and denying ourselves the pleasures God gave us to enjoy in this life.
After Church, I drove to the Gateway Mall, which is a big open air mall in downtown SLC. It's the best mall around, but it still doesn't compare to anything in Vegas. I ended up spending a couple hours in Barnes & Noble and bought a few books.
Then came the barhopping, which was really just one bar. The whole "membership" thing wasn't as big a deal as I thought. It was basically just like paying a $5 cover charge. Regardless, I kinda wish I would have just come home instead. Nothing hurts a guy's ego more than snide looks from anyone you make eye contact with. I still managed to make it out to the dance floor for a while, which kinda made up for it. The floor was so packed that it didn't matter if you were there by yourself or with a group, so that was cool. I think the highlight of my evening was when one really hot girl offered me coke. When I told her I couldn't, she kinda left me alone. Damn the random drug testing!

No comments: