Friday, November 23, 2007

A Very, Very, Very Fine House

I just got back from a wonderful Thanksgiving Day at Drew and Becky's. Their house was full of family from both sides, and I felt very at home. One thing I noticed in particular was the relationship Drew has with his parents and sister. They seem so laid back around each other. They fit together well, and I could tell their bond was genuine and honest and loving.
I believe my family is pretty well-adjusted, but we're not exactly the Waltons. I take partial responsibility, especially since I sometimes go weeks without calling my parents, and only talk to my brother when I go home (which isn't very often). But every time I do go home, I always seem to pick up new things about my family. A story from when my parents were dating. A characteristic of my brother's personality. A particular trait I inherited from my Mom.
I'm going home in about three weeks, and I can't wait. What I'm most thankful for this year is my family.

No comments: