Monday, November 12, 2007

Desperately Trying to Save Face

I didn't really feel like doing much Saturday night, so I picked up a pizza and a few movies (Talk To Me, The Lookout, and The Lives of Others). When I walked into Blockbuster, I was perusing the gigantic wall-o-movies and totally not paying attention to where I was going. Suddenly...CRASH! I knocked a big rack of movies off a display case. Everyone stopped and looked at me. I didn't know what to do, so I just smiled and said, "I, um...did...that."
After I made my choices, I proceeded to the counter to see Phil Hering was working. I knew Phil worked for Blockbuster, but I hadn't seen him in months and wasn't sure which store he managed. We exchanged pleasantries, and I asked him how he liked working there. "Man, it SUCKS! I HATE it!" he replied. Everyone standing in line just stared at him. I don't think he realised how loud he was, so he just smiled and said, "So, how ya been?"

No comments: