Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Decompression

A little piece of me died last week, which sent me into somewhat of a downward shame spiral. At first, I was just in a mild depression, but now it's having a bit of a physiological effect. My stomach hurts. I have constant headaches. I'm not sleeping well.
It's not rare for me to go through these little episodes. Sometimes I can see them coming, but this one snuck up pretty quickly, probably due to recent events I should have avoided, but chose not to. The best I can do is try not to let anyone know what's going on, though that's not always healthy. I know people love me and don't want to see me hurt. I just don't like to burden people.
Luckily, I think the worst has passed. I ran today for the first time in over a week. I'd forgotten how good it feels. I laughed all day at work with Johnny. I resisted the urge to be rude to someone just because he was rude to me. A friend hugged me.
The only good thing about depression is coming out on the other side a better person.

No comments: