Friday, November 09, 2007

Slacking Off

Lately, I've been taking quite a few liberties at work that I normally wouldn't take. Since I'm technically a shift worker, I'm not required to attend squadron PT. Because of this, I'm allowed to take three hours of work time each week to go to the gym. But lately, that means leaving whenever I feel like it. And today, I opted to stay in the shop all afternoon and take care of the two tons of paperwork that would normally force me to stay late or work through lunch. I haven't shined my boots all week, and I'm in dire need of a haircut.
But you know what? Nobody seems to care. Everyone knows all the military are leaving in a few months, and the attitude has become so relaxed that everything just slides by. Things that would normally set the boss off are barely even noticed. I'm loving it right now, but I hope it doesn't make me too lazy when I get to Italy.

1 comment:

J-Dubb said...

coo, thanks man.