Monday, November 26, 2007

Like that part in Back to the Future when Michael J. Fox's image starts to disappear from the picture. But worse.

I did something really stupid the other day. I was trying to free up some space on my computer, and accidentally deleted nearly all the pictures I had on here. Somehow, I still have the thumbnails in iPhoto, but I can't enlarge or edit them. I'm not sure if there's any way to get them back, and I'm so upset with myself. I think I might try to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in the Apple Store in SLC to see if they can help me. Most have been uploaded to flickr, so it's not a total loss; but I'd still be better off with them on my computer. This is why I should never be allowed near any electronics more complex than a remote control.

1 comment:

Mike C said...

Make the appointment... they should be able to help, it's not hopeless... (Believe it or not, everything is still there - you deleted the "signposts" that say where everything is. It stays that way until you save something, and it needs that space (that it thinks you don't want) and then, it is MUCH harder to recover. BUt hopefully they can help you out.

I have been there, done that, and couldn't get them back, and it was photos that I really wanted to keep. I think I managed to save 5 out of several hundred.