Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Members Only

I'm having another Andy Rooney moment, but you know what I can't stand? Those stupid little loyalty discount cards at grocery stores. I always forget mine in my truck, and don't want to stop in the middle of shopping to go out and grab it. I figure it won't make that much of a difference, but when I look at my receipt, it says "You could have saved $9.37 with your Rewards Club Card!"
Dang!
Why can't they just have sales like normal stores? Or better yet, lower their prices all the time! Now, there's a savvy idea!

1 comment:

Mike C said...

What's realy irritating is WHY they have the loyalty programs - they get your contact information (address for junk mail and email for spam), just to get the card, and then they actually track your spending habits to target the junk mail and spam towards you a little better... Why else would you have to swipe the card every single time, instead of just showing it to the clerk?