Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sick of Being Sick

Ever since the Green Day show, I've had kind of a sore throat. I figured it was just from all the yelling, but it didn't go away. And a few days ago, it got worse, and now a cough and runny nose have been added into the mix. I don't know why I've been getting sick so often. Normally, I get sick about once a year, but this is the fourth time since I've been in Utah. I wash my hands constantly and get plenty of vitamin C. It's so frustrating. I took a Nyquil this morning before I went to bed, and it helped quite a bit, but I can't perform very well during the exercise if I'm all drugged up. And I'm starting to really hate the taste of cough drops.
Anyway, I hate to be so complainy and stuff. On the bright side, the whole "feigning happiness at work" thing went pretty well last night. We had to process a bunch of cargo and do a bunch of stuff in the armory, and everyone seemed to be in pretty good spirits, despite working on a Friday night. Since we've gotten so much done in the past few days, I'm hoping tonight and tomorrow will be relatively easy, and, if we're really lucky, we might get off early. I could seriously handle tossing back a pint with some friends.

No comments: