Thursday, October 20, 2005

Candidacy

I just got back from a membership class at Washington Heights. It was just a little discussion led by Roy, the pastor, to inform potential members about what this particular church believes and expects of its members. I still have questions, and I'm not sure if I want to join or not. The whole deal seemed rather formal with signed statements and membership forms. I just told them I had to think about it, and they were very cool about it. Maybe after church on Sunday, I'll pull someone aside to ask more detailed questions.
After the class, Heidi, Sam, and I went and got coffee and had some great conversation. They're so fun to chill out with. Anyway, I need to get up early tomorrow for work, and sleep has been kind of hit-and-miss lately, so I need to hit the sack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Freaky thing here....I am just headed off to a new members deal for the chruch (The Rock) I have been going to. Maybe it's just that time of the year or something.