Sunday, October 09, 2005

Meat Market

I got off work around 10 tonight, and then headed down to SLC to hit up a club with my friend John. I really wasn't in the mood to go dancing, but I'm still trying to acclimate myself to night shift and I'm basically doing anything to stay awake for as long as possible. My goal is 6 AM (only three hours to go).
Going to clubs is such a strange environment. Yeah, I'm a really social guy, but clubs can be overwhelming. It's not like you can really talk to anyone, so everything is based on looks, which isn't really my strong suit. That's why I like the clubs in Vegas where you can just go out and dance, either by yourself or with whomever, and there's no pressure to talk to anyone. Clubs here seem to be a little more clique-ish. It's frustrating, but when you're in Utah, you take what you can get.

No comments: