Thursday, February 19, 2009

Should Have Clipped Coupons

There are two types of trips to the grocery store. There’s the quick trip where I just need a few things and I grab one of those carryable plastic baskets and spend about 20 bucks. Then there’s the all-out, cart-pushing, grab everything I might ever need kind of trip during which I spend a little more. The deciding factor between these two trips is whether or not I need water. Bottled water here is pretty cheap, but there’s no way I can carry a case of it along with the plastic basket. And if I’m going to go ahead and get a cart, I might as well stock up on things I’m going to need eventually. I usually make a list of things I need, but there’s nothing stopping me from tossing in a little extra.
Yesterday was supposed to be a small trip, but at the last minute, I decided to go ahead and grab a cart and pick up some water. Oh, what a slippery slope it was. I’ve got enough tofu, juice, and granola to last me though a nuclear holocaust. My list only had six items, yet I got so carried away, I somehow forgot to pick up two things I’d written down. I'd put it off until next time, but I don't think I can squeeze much more toothpaste out of that tube.

No comments: