Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Like Humpty Dumpty, but with a happier ending

I was in and out of the hospital in 20 minutes, which is probably a record. The doc said I bruised a couple ribs and strained my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). He didn't act like it was too big of a deal, but tried to put me on a profile. I refused because I don't want to be one of THOSE guys. It's not totally debilitating, just a hindrance. I've never had a knee injury before, and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything seriously wrong. He said to let my pain dictate what I can and can't do, which is fine with me. I'm on rounds for the next two weeks, so I'm already exempt from squadron PT. If things don't heal up on their own, I'm totally willing to take a few shots of bourbon before my next run.

No comments: