Friday, February 13, 2009

Gliding Over White


Piancavallo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Today was the most wonderful day of boarding I've had in a very long time. It was our squadron ski day, so we were already a step ahead in that we didn't have to go to work. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and from the summit, we could see all the way to Venice and the ocean.


Piancavallo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
There were a few icy patches here and there, but other than that, the conditions were great. On our second run, I took a nasty fall and proved once again how beneficial my helmet is. After a couple minutes, I was ready to go again.


Piancavallo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We found tons of little hidden jumps, and it was great to feel the wind in my face as I carved down the mountain. Toward the end of the day, we all started hitting a big jump. I thought it would be a good idea to take some video of us, but as soon as I started recording, nobody could land it completely.


That is, until Keena totally schooled us and landed this 360.

One of the great things about snowboarding with my friends is that we're all there to encourage and support each other. We cheer each other on, and scream when somebody lands a jump and boost each other when we fall. It's not a competition; it's a bond.

No comments: