Friday, February 06, 2009

Dashed Hopes

My original plan was to drive to Pordenone during lunch today to the news stand that sells concert tickets. Unfortunately, the fire fighters broke a(nother) fire hydrant right at 11 AM, and we worked through lunch. So, as soon as work ended this evening, I zoomed there as fast as I could.
In my best Italian, I told the man I wanted a floor ticket to Madonna's show in Milan. Unfortunately, all the general admission floor tickets had sold out. However, there were tickets available for seats, which were further back and cost twice as much. I'll never understand why someone would want to sit through a Madonna show and pay twice as much to do so. I decided my best bet would be to forego this venture, but still hope that she might add a second show. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: