Saturday, April 07, 2007

Season Opener


Salt Lake Bees
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Last night was opening night for the Salt Lake Bees, and we knew we wouldn't miss it. Kyle and I drove down from Layton and met John, Ryan, Scott, Paul, and Jeremiah at the ball park. It was the biggest crowd I've ever seen at a Bees game.


Scott & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I think one reason the crowd was so big was because, in addition to it being opening night, it was also Thirsty Thursday, when beer is supposedly 50% off. What they don't tell you is that they use smaller cups.


Kyle & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
But since I was driving, it didn't bother me too bad. Kyle, however, got nicely toasted, and was quite humorous on the drive home.
As for the game, the Bees played the Las Vegas 51s. The score was tied at 3 for most of the game, but then, at the bottom of the ninth, Nick Gorneault doubled home Kendry Morales to win the game. It was a very exciting finish, and made for a great night. And you can bet we'll be hitting up many more games this summer.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Wish I could have been there.