Saturday, April 14, 2007

Less Is More

Last night, Chad and I went shopping in Sugarhouse. There are lots of independent and locally-owned shops in the area, and we spent the bulk of the evening in a store called Spark. They have some really cool stuff, and Chad was eager to try on nearly everything in the store. I found a pair of jeans that were normally $120, but on sale for $60. I tried them on, and they fit great. But there was a big design on the back pockets, and they seemed like just a bit much. Yes, you heard it here. I passed up a great pair of jeans that were 50% off. Shocking!
I think I'm going through some kind of minimalist phase or something. I went through my closet and removed tons of stuff I haven't worn in forever, most of it being pretty fashion-forward or trendy at the time of purchase. When I lived in Japan, I liked taking risks in what I wore (Anyone remember the flowery pants or the Captain Kirk shirt?), mostly because I had the money and the attitude to pull it off, and if something looked really bad, my friends would let me know. But lately, I find myself (d)evolving into more of a jeans-and-t-shirt kinda guy. As I've heard in the Air Force, remember KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

No comments: