Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Destination: Recreation

I really can't convey how great it is being home. Yesterday morning, I went for a run. I was hoping that the lower altitude and higher humidity would cancel each other out, but no such luck. I was gasping for breath like I had emphysema after the first mile.
After that, Garah, Cale, Isabelle, and I went to the park down by the river. The city of Henderson has put a lot of money into renovating the riverfront lately, and they put in this new fountain that a lot of kids like to play in, so we went over there to cool off. Garah's kids are really well-behaved. Cale is easy to bribe, and Isabelle seems to be quite the thrill-seeker.
Around 4 PM, my Dad got home from work, so he and Bill (Garah's Dad), and I took the boat to the river. Henderson is located pretty close to where the Ohio and Green rivers merge. The Ohio is bigger, but the Green is usually smoother and has less traffic. We opted for the Green and it was a beautiful afternoon. I haven't skied in probably eight years, but I decided to give it a shot again. It only took me a couple tries to get up, but once I did, I found it was like riding a bike. I didn't look as good as Dad or Bill, but I still had a blast.
Of course, I forgot to bring my camera with me to the park and the river, but I'm sure I'll be going to both again before I leave. Plus, I'm using my parents' computer, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to upload any photos until I get back to Utah. Regardless, I'll be sure and post as many as I can so everyone can see the wonderful Kentucky scenery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey when are oyu coming back this way?