Thursday, June 02, 2005

Wishy Washy


Appliance Man
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
In Utah, it's not very common to have a washer and dryer included with regular rent in one's apartment. Therefore, unless I wanted to haul my oodles and oodles of laundry to the laundromat every week (Who am I kidding? Every day!), it was imperative I pay an extra $30 per month to have a rented washer and dryer installed in my pad.
To remedy this, about a month ago, I purchased my own brand new Maytag Atlantis washer and dryer. They were delivered about two weeks ago, but the rented machines weren't removed until yesterday. So I spent all last night installing my new appliances...by myself. I found out the hard way this is definitely at least a two-person job. But it was totally worth it. The new machines are bigger and prettier and easier to use. Plus, they're so quiet I can't even hear them in my living room. And the coolest thing: the dryer has a light inside (you know, like the refrigerator)! How cool is that? I just might have to buy more clothes so I can use my new appliances more.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

we should have a "picture with your favourite home appliance" month. i need to take a self-timed sprawl out on my heated table shot.