Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Home Stretch

I've probably mentioned this, but my brother's wedding is going to be at my parents' house. Chris and Angie are both really laid back people, and the main reason they decided to have the wedding here is because they didn't want a big lavish ceremony. They wanted something simple and comfortable without a lot of fuss. They even decided to have a Hawaiian theme so everyone could wear shorts and flip-flops. Well, when it comes to having any kind of soiree at my mother's house, there's no such things as "no fuss." Mom and Dad have spent several weeks and thousands of dollars doing little home improvement projects (i.e. painting a few rooms, staining the deck, landscaping, etc.). Granted, it's stuff they had wanted to get done anyway, but having a deadline just prompted them to get it done sooner. I guess my Mom's craziness and my brother's mellowness just kinda even out.
Tomorrow is going to consist of lots of detailed yard work and putting up the tents. Friday will entail setting up chairs and tables and any other various last minute stuff, plus, the rehearsal that night. The weather for Saturday is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous. A high of 77 and low humidity. We really couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments: