Monday, June 27, 2005

Kentucky Summer '05


The House
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
As promised, here's the photo presentation of my big, fat, Kentucky vacation. It took me a very, VERY long time to upload all these photos onto flickr, and even longer to cut, paste, and edit it all onto "the wax," so I hope you appreciate it. I guess the logical place to start would be the home base. This is my parents' house. They moved here in December of 2000. It was an easy sell for my Dad because of the three-car garage. Plus, there's an additional garage in the back. My Mom likes it because it's very spacious and has a nice kitchen. Rudy likes it because it has a huge back yard with lots of trees.


Back of the House
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is the back of my parents' house.


The Gazebo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is our gazebo, complete with porch swing.


The Corn Field
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is the corn field across from the house. I told you we live out in the country.


Living Room
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Here's our living room.


Rednecks R Us
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I know there are tons of stereotypes about Kentucky, one of them being the large amount of country-folk. And you know why that stereotype is in place? Because it's TRUE! This is a sign down the road from my parents' house that reads "Coon Hunters Club." The fact that it's on an RC Cola sign accentuated by dents from a shot gun just seals the deal. And rest assured, the members of this club hunt actual racoons. Not black people.


Rudolph "Rudy" von Sutton
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is our miniature dachsund, Rudy. He's been a member of the family since Christmas '99. He's spoiled rotten, but well-behaved.


Skiing on the Green
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
One of my favourite childhood memories is riding in the boat and skiing. The nicest place to go is called Kentucky Lake, but it's a couple hours south. Luckily, we live pretty close to the Ohio and Green rivers, which provide a nice alternative.


Jean-Marie
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
When I was in St. Louis, Jean-Marie and I got to see the Yankees-Cardinals game at Busch Stadium. While there, we tossed back a couple Budweisers (aka King of Beers - that's for you, Trish).


Me & Don at the Tivoli
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I also got to visit Don while he was working his post at the Tivoli, an independent movie theatre in an area of St. Louis known as The Loop.


Jack, Charlie, Emma, & Lucy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
And it was great to see the little Weber children again. I couldn't believe how big Charlie has gotten. They were all energetic as always, and we had a wonderful time climbing trees and playing in the yard.


eiraM-naeJ
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Charlie
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Jack, Emma, Lucy, & Charlie
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Nina & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
On my way back to Kentucky, I stopped in Illinois and had lunch with my friend Nina. I hadn't seen Nina in nearly three years, and we had lots of catching up to do.


John, Chris, Angie, & Andrew
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
The main reason I went home was for my brother's wedding. I could go on and on about how much fun the whole thing was, but I'll just post a few pictures so you can see for yourself.


Pre-Wedding Gazebo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Pre-Wedding Deck
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
The whole wedding had a tropical Hawaiian theme, so there were tiki torches and leis all over the place.


Reception
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Wedding Cake
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Bouncy Jumpy Thing
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
One of Chris and Angie's goals for this wedding was for everyone to have fun, including all the little kids. They got beach balls, hula hoops, and this cool jumpy thing.


More Reception
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Isabelle, Pat, & Levi
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Jon & Garah
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Chris Working the Tiki Bar
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Me, Angie, & Chris
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Mom, Dad, & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is me and my parents after a few beers. They were both so stressed out before the wedding, and after everything was said and done, they were finally able to relax a little bit. It was great.


Grandma & Grandpa's House
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I also spent some time at my grandparents' house. They live out in the woods, and I have some great memories at this house, as well.


The Pond
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



The Gazebo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Humming Birds
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Mama Cat
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
My grandmother likes to feed random animals, and now she has several wild cats that always seem to show up after dinner time. She doesn't name them because she doesn't want to get too attached. This one caught my eye because I noticed she had one blue eye and one green eye. Cool, huh?

So, overall, my time at home was nothing short of fabulous. Previous trips have lasted a little too long, if you know what I mean. This one, however, went by way too quick.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

wow! you could put those pics in a "Come live in the States" book! I'm sold.