Friday, June 17, 2005

The Ballad of Chris & Angie

My brother has coached little league baseball for the past seven years. He usually coaches the 8-9 year olds, but about three years ago, he was coaching the 10-11 year olds and had a boy on his team named Andrew. Chris is a very good coach and likes to interact with the parents almost as much as he does the players. So, it's really no surprise that he met Andrew's mother, Angie. Angie had been divorced for a couple years and she and Chris totally hit it off. Chris often tries to put up a macho facade, and he kept the Angie thing under wraps for close to a year. This could also be attributed to the fact my Mom is totally desperate for her boys to get married and takes pleasure in nagging my brother because he lives closer. Anyway, once the Chris/Angie thing became public knowledge and my parents met her and stuff, things have been great. I think Angie is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. She gets along great with my parents and Chris gets along great with Andrew and John, Angie's younger son. And obviously, there's something to be said for putting up with all my brother's shit. For me, it feels kinda weird when I think about having a sister-in-law. You see, Chris and I are kind of opposites. He's not very social and he likes sports and spends less than 20 bucks on his wardrobe per annum. I just never really thought of him as the marrying type. Regardless, he and Angie seem like a good fit, and I'm very happy for them both.

No comments: