Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Just like the house in that game Clue, except without secret passageways. Or a conservatory.

I know I promised pictures of the interior of my house, like, seven months ago, but I've been trying to get everything situated just how I want it. The biggest issue was getting a rug for my living room. I've been looking around forever, and finally broke down and bought one yesterday. It's a good thing, too, because with the temperatures falling, the cold floor becomes even colder.

Living Room
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is a shot of my living room as you'd see it coming in the front door. The doors look out toward the mountains.


Living Room
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is from the opposite angle. The kitchen is in the back. You can also see my two original Averi Hall paintings, on which I've had several compliments.


Living Room
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Through the hallway in the back is the downstairs bathroom, and the door leading to the garage.


Bedroom
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is where the magic happens. Or, rather, if magic ever happened, it would take place here. The vaulted wood ceilings are pretty sick.


Bedroom
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is the opposite angle. The door leads out to my balcony, from which no one should ever sing "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" because the neighbours will get angry and throw cans of beets, which, with enough velocity, will leave a sizeable lump on the head. I'm just sayin'.


Guest Room
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is where any of you who visit will be sleeping; unless, of course, you're a couple and you're married, in which case, I'll sleep here and you can sleep in my bed. If that's the case, there will be NO MAGIC HAPPENING. Understand? Either way, I'm sure you'll sleep well because both beds are quite comfortable.


Upstairs Bathroom
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is the upstairs bathoom, and yes, that is a bidet, and no, I haven't used it (yet). For some reason, they didn't put one in the downstairs bathroom.


Upstairs Bathroom
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is the other angle, showing the bathtub, which I haven't used, either. Perhaps after a long day of snowboarding sometime this winter, I'll hop in.

There's also a third bedroom I didn't photograph because I basically use it as a big closet and figured nobody cares to see a room with shoes and clothes and snowboarding equipment all over the floor. I know you can never really tell exactly what a house looks like based on pictures, but this should give everyone an idea. You'll be able to see everything up close when you come visit me. You ARE coming to visit me, right?

6 comments:

Paul Dinkins said...

i love seeing house pictures. thanks.

Kathy said...

Curtis I DO plan on visiting and the upstairs looks comfy. When is the best time, and how much Italian, German, French, etc. do I need to learn?
Kathy Bauch

Anonymous said...

Dude, if I had a bidet, I would be all over it. It's got to be good for the environment.

Kathy said...

Kent, it's only good for the environment if you are presently wearing diapers!
Kathy

J-Dubb said...

Wow, quite a different look from your house way back in the Misawa days. Where're all the Bjork posters? :P

Anonymous said...

nice place there. what is with the two toilets?