Friday, October 03, 2008

One Voice

Before I cast my absentee ballot, I was hoping to watch last night's vice-presidential debate, as well as the next presidential debate; however, the instructions on my ballot recommended I send it six weeks before election day. I couldn't wait any longer, and I put it in the mail yesterday.
I've gone back and forth quite a bit over the past few months. I want a candidate that's pro-life (for both fetuses and inmates), cares about environmental issues, supports civil liberties including marriage equality, despises big government, and realises the United States isn't the only country on the planet. Well you know what? (S)He doesn't exist.
It's sad that every election always boils down to the lesser of two evils; but as long as everyone feels they have to vote for one of these parties, that's the way it will always be. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't settle. Vote with a clear conscience. And if that means voting for a third party candidate or writing in another one, then so be it.
And if you don't vote, come on over to my house. I'll bake some tasty brownies before you arrive. Then, when you walk in the door, I'll kick you in the junk really hard. And as you roll around on the floor, unable to breathe because your nuts have gone up through your stomach and into your throat, I'll eat every one of those tasty brownies. See? Guess you should've voted, douchebag.

No comments: