Friday, October 17, 2008

Walking On Water

Scott flew into Milan Wednesday morning. I met him at the airport, and we took the train back to Budoia. It was late afternoon by the time we got home, and after getting settled in, we met some work friends for dinner.

Scott
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Thursday, we slept late, and then walked around Budoia, making sure to stop at the cafe for a cappuccino. Early Thursday afternoon, we headed to Venice. I've been to Venice enough to know that it's best in the late afternoon/evening. It's less crowded, and the scenery is much better.


Venice Canal
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Piazza San Marco
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We decided to walk through a gallery on Piazza San Marco and saw some incredible Renaissance art, telling the history of the city.


Venice
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Venice at Night
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Venice is basically a huge maze, and every time I've gone, Shaun has been there to lead. I knew how to get to the main sights, but Scott and I were feeling adventurous, so we decided to leave the main routes and wander around. Many people think you can't experience Venice without getting lost a little bit, and now I know why.


Venice at Night
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We saw some really cool canals and alleyways, things that most people don't get to see. We walked for six hours straight, and came close to missing the last train back home. As often as I go, I don't think I'll ever get tired of Venice; and I'm glad Scott got to see so much of it.

No comments: