Saturday, October 11, 2008

Target Heart Rates

My squadron got a new commander in July, and even though I've only crossed paths with him a handful of times, one thing is certain: he loves to run. He ran the full marathon last month, and came in second place. Since he's taken over, our squadron PT program has consisted mostly of running, which is fine by me because I love to run, as well. However, there are people in our squadron who aren't so fond of running, and would rather have a more diverse work out, which I can also understand. The commander has heard their pleas, and is trying to implement more of a variety in our PT program.
Yesterday morning, we had a circuit training session in the gym. There were four stations: resistance training, squats, abs, and step aerobics. We all looked a little ridiculous, and I could tell some people really weren't putting forth an effort, but I did my best. I didn't realise what a good workout it was until I got out of bed this morning with sore thighs and biceps. I'm glad the commander is trying some new stuff, because I wouldn't have the will power to do it on my own.

No comments: