Friday, August 01, 2008

Joggin' Bloggin'

At PT this morning, I was running with Joann. Normally on Fridays, the whole squadron runs to the 1.5 mile marker, and then back for a total of three miles. We got to the end of the track and decided to keep going. And going. And going. We ended up running the entire base perimeter, for a total of 5.8 miles. The fourth mile was the worst, as we're conditioned to run only three; but after that, it was like we were on autopilot. We felt like a million dollars afterward, and were very proud of ourselves.
Back when I was in Japan, my running regiment was far more vigourous, and running six miles would have been a piece of cake. But that was years ago; plus, Nina was my running partner, and there was never a bad run when I ran with her. I find it's best to run with someone, because neither of us would have made it around this morning without encouraging each other. Thanks, Joann!

No comments: