Saturday, August 09, 2008

My annual reminder that we can all be something bigger


34
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Sometimes, I think of myself as a self-serving coward whose only goal is to make it through life in a series of fake smiles and near-misses. Other times, I'm so glad to be alive, I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. I won't lie--the past year has been rough, but my expectations for the future are high.
Right now, though, I feel like I'm on the verge of something. I don't know what it is, but I'm changing somehow. I'm becoming less fearfull, determined to break further out of the shell in which I spent so much of my life. I still don't know exactly what defines me or why my path has led where it has. But through it all, I've tried to remain grounded, not forgetting who I am and everything I've gone through to get here. God has reasons for it all.

No comments: