Monday, August 18, 2008

Back in the Beehive State

Everything went according to plan, and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Sure, there were still people I didn't get to see, and I didn't even make it to Roosters; but when you consider how last-minute and fast-paced this trip was, I think it went pretty well.
Scott picked me up Friday night, and after a quick shower, we headed to a house party attended by the majority of my social circle. I've never been hugged so much in my life. From there, we went to the bar, and then had after-party at Brian's. The only bummer was that I left my camera in my bag.
Saturday, John and I hit up the Farmer's Market downtown, and I picked up some cinnamon almonds, quite possibly the best snack of all time. Then Ryan and I went shopping to some of my favourite, locally-owned t-shirt shops.

Rock Band
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Saturday afternoon, we headed out to Drew and Becky's for food, beer, and Rock Band.


Tina, Becky, & Alicia
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Tim, John, Nick, & Floyd
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We had so much food and fun and I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.


Kate & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Sunday morning, we woke up and headed to brunch before I had to get to the airport. And, of course, it wouldn't be a proper Utah trip if Kate and I didn't take a self-portrait.
I can't even begin to describe how great it was being back in Utah, though I'm sure everyone there got tired of me trying. Thanks to Scott, Brian, and John for letting me crash and hauling my ass around. I wasn't sleeping in my own bed or driving my truck, but I'd never felt so at home before.

No comments: