Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dig Your Own Hole


Joann & Scott
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Today, I got to do some real work. Not that I wouldn't call the jobs I normally do "work;" it's just that this was a big project with a backhoe and shovels and stuff. There was a busted water line in the ammo area, so Joann, Corey, and I were sent to take care of business. We were assisted by Scott from the Heavy shop.


Corey & Joann
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We ended up digging about five feet down before finding the line. We finished around 3:00, and MSgt Lewis told us we could have the rest of the day off. As I left the shop, I looked down to see my filthy uniform and muddy boots, and knew it was a good day. These are the projects that take me back to my time at Nellis, when every day I felt a sense of accomplishment.

No comments: