Thursday, August 28, 2008

L'eggo My Big, Fat Gut

I've been pretty good lately about not over-eating. I bring small portions to work for lunch; I avoid soda pop; and when I open up some Ben & Jerry's, I stop after a few spoonfuls instead of devouring the entire pint.
As for breakfast, I've been on somewhat of a waffle kick for the past few months. When I first started, I was eating four Eggos every morning. Lately, I've been stopping at two, though sometimes, I'll eat a third if I'm really hungry. This morning, I had my two waffles, and was completely satisfied. Yet, there was one lonely waffle left in the box, and I thought it was ridiculous to leave that one little waffle all by itself.
So I ate it. Big mistake.
The rest of the morning, I felt so fat and disgusting and wanted to throw up. Joann could tell I was moving a little slow. Who knew one little waffle could do so much damage?

No comments: