Saturday, August 23, 2008

Like A Sister


Me, Abby, & Sara
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I first met Abby in February '02 when she arrived in Misawa. It wasn't long before she became a vital part of the Hospitality House, and we became good friends. We did lots of stuff together like snowboarding, camping, singing at Church, hitting the beach, etc. Not only have I kept in touch with her, but she's one of the few people I've gone out of my way to visit. Granted, her location in Dallas makes it convenient when I have a class in Wichita Falls; but we've both made an effort to hang out even when it's not convenient.


Steven, Sarah, & Charis
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Because Abby and I are friends, I have become friends with her family and friends. Even if Abby wasn't around, I have no doubt they'd still welcome me into their home. That's just the kind of people they are.

After my class ended Wednesday, I headed to Dallas and a group of us went to a Texas Rangers game.


Texas Rangers
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The Rangers played the Detroit Tigers and totally dominated. They hit six home runs (two in the section to our left and one in the section to our right), for a final score of 9-1. It was the third game of a three-game series, and Detroit won the first two. My guess is that Texas won because we showed up and they felt they had to impress us.


Abby & Charis
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
No, Abby isn't doing her Arsenio impression. This is the 7th inning stretch; we're all singing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game;" and Abby is root-root-rooting for the home team. In the middle of the 5th inning, we also sang "Deep In The Heart Of Texas." It almost made me feel like a Lone Star native. Almost.
Thanks a million to Abby, Charis, Joni, and Micah for their continuing hospitality, limitless kindness, and unwavering friendship. You're awesome.

No comments: