Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Expelled (Sort Of)

Yesterday was the first day of my second semester of Italian...or so I thought. I got to class about ten minutes early to find the lights off and nobody around. I sat down and waited...and waited...and waited. Finally, I went down to the main office and asked what the deal was. They said the class was cancelled because only two people were enrolled. So now, I have to wait until the end of October to learn more Italian. Hopefully, it will be a night class. Until then, I'll just keep speaking in present tense with a limited vocabulary.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You can use Rosetta Stone language program for free through the library here. It's pretty good as a stop-gap.

Kathy said...

Curt, sorry about your class. Try LiveMoch.com. It's an online language course and you can even converse with volunteer tutors from other countries to sharpen your conversation skills. Always love to read your blog and miss you. Hope to visit, but have my eyes on Japan first. Glad you got back to the US and Utah to get a little taste of home. Keep up the good work.