Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ole! Ole, Ole, Ole!


Alec, Shaun, & Nate
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Sunday night, several of us went to Pogue Mahone's, an Irish pub in Aviano's piazza, to watch the final game of the 2008 European Football Championship.


Nick & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Unfortunately, Italy was defeated last week by Spain, but we still wanted to watch the final match between Spain and Germany. And I just wanted to toss back a few pints of Guinness.


Happy Spain Fans
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Spain won, 1-0, and when the time finally ran out, the ladies at the other table went ballistic. Those crazy Europeans and their football.


Shaun, Alec, & Nick
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The whole night reminded me of when we watched the '02 World Cup matches at Paddy's in Misawa. (Wish you were here, Ben.) I always forget how easily Guinness goes down until I'm on my third pint. Thanks to Shaun for driving and letting me crash. Getting up Monday morning wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

No comments: