Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ich bin ein Budoia-er!


Budoia Party
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Every year, a local lady puts on a big party in the park across from my house. It's open to everyone in our neighbourhood, and includes a full course meal. And wine. Lots and lots of wine. We had a slight drizzle early in the evening, but soon, things cleared up and everyone was having a good time.


Karaoke Guys
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
By far, the highlight of the evening was the karaoke. An older gentleman started out by singing mostly American songs--everything from standards like "I've Got You Under My Skin" to showtunes like "Hello, Dolly!" He eventually moved on to traditional Italian songs. The three guys on the truck were singing back-up, and were so drunk, I was worried they'd fall off the back. But they never did.


Neighbours
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
It was just for our neighbourhood, and there were about 120 people present. But only about 15 Americans. And, of course, we sat together. As the evening progressed, I tried to go around to the other tables and make small talk; but my Italian is limited to basic phrases and verbs in the present tense.


Neighbours
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Still, they were all very gracious and appreciated my effort. The party went on until almost midnight, with plenty of music, dancing, and laughter. And, of course, wine.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I randomly stumbled across your blog and I like it. You've got good taste in music and books, dude.