Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stitch In Time

I went to the hospital on base to get my stitches taken out yesterday afternoon, which is done on a walk-in basis here. I was called back by an A1C Med Tech who examined my stitches for a few minutes, and then said, "I'll be right back." She came back a few minutes later, examined some more, tugged on them a bit, and said, "I've never seen anything like this before. Who did these?" I told her the Italian dermatologist did them, and she looked closer at them and said, "I need to go get my supervisor." Her supervisor came back and basically did the same thing--lots of examining and some tugging.
After several minutes of this, they both left. I sat in the examination room for a while, and eventually a nurse came in. She took a quick look at my arm, explained the procedure to both med techs, and had the stitches out in a few seconds. It looks like there's going to be a small scar, but I don't really care. Maybe I can make up some kind of war story to accompany it.
But the best part of all this was that I got a Snoopy band-aid. Totally made the guys in my shop jealous.

No comments: