Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lil' Green Patch


Park
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is the little park across the street from my house. It's tiny--maybe a half acre--and has only a slide, a swing, and a couple picnic tables. There's a little monument in the middle, and this morning when I was taking some stuff to the recycle bin, I stopped to try and read it. I might have been able to make out the Italian if it hadn't been so horribly eroded. I deciphered a date (1945) and a name (Capitan Maso), so I'm assuming it's a World War II memorial to the guy after whom my street is named.
We're finally getting some nice weather, so last night, I mowed my lawn and trimmed my hedge; and this morning, I washed my truck. Now, I think I'm going to head back up to the park and swing for a while.

No comments: