Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Friends All Drive Porsches, I Must Make Amends

Today, I finally submitted my package for reimbursement of shipping costs for my truck. I've spent the past several weeks filling out forms, tracking down paperwork, and running around to various offices like a headless chicken, retelling my story to a new person each time. And even still, there's no guarantee the main finance office will accept it; however, the guy at the local finance office says it looks like a solid package, and he can see no reason why they wouldn't. I'm crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.
In other automotive news, my truck is about overdue for an oil change. I can do it myself, but the problem is that nobody around here (on or off base) carries the oil filter I need. And nobody online ships to APO boxes. So, the other day, I went by the auto skills centre on base and asked for a quote to order one. The guy advised me to order several, along with any other parts I might need for minor maintenance. Today, I found out that ordering four oil filters and two air filters will cost me $80. I guess this is why we get a cost-of-living allowance.

No comments: